Need another big jam fix? If you're hungry for more after Adelaide Game Jam 3, Global Game Jam 2015 is the place to be. We'll be in the same room (plus spreading to an extra room too) to host all of your smiling faces, and we'll be open the whole time (that's 3:30pm Friday the 23rd to 8pm Sunday the 25th of January). Places are limited by space, so make sure to register your interest.
Regsitering for the jam
- $10 registration gets you space and powerpoints to set up your computer
- An additional $20 gets you fed over the weekend, with at least 4 meals provided
- An additional $20 gets you of our cool GGJ2015 tshirts! (Available until midday on Thursday the 15th of January)
But what will the venue be like?
- Located on the UofA campus in the city
- Two jam rooms for extra space
- Open the entire length of the jam, but no entry between 12am and 9am
- Tea/coffee/microwave/toastie facilities in the jam room
- Cold drinks in the fridge
- Additional couches and rest space available
Indie Games Room Report
31 July 2015
It's been a little while now since AVCon, I hope you all had a great time! We really enjoyed showing off some games from past jams, and we hope you enjoyed playing them! All the games from these past jams are Spotlighted in the games list (so if you're on desktop, you can see one of them at the bottom of the left sidebar right now!), but if you're too keen to scroll over there, they're listed here as well!
- Rocket Reaction by Damon Pearce and Dan Beaumont was a multiplayer favourite at the Indie Games Room this year. This game was made for Adelaide Game Jam 2014 and features free-floating action (and deadly spikes).
- updownleftright by Andrew Dunn is a game made for Global Game Jam 2015 about rescuing astronauts and avoiding space debris.
- Freeze Ray by Robert Reed with Colin Capurso is a game about a mad scientist trying to escape his lab. This game and...
- Cosplay Chase by Finn Stokes were both made for Ludum Dare 32.
- Boxed In was made by Dylan Browne at Adelaide Game Jam 2014. If you dig the idea of playing as a cardboard box escaping from a cardboard box factory, this one is for you! Recently, there's even an Android version on Google Play if you want to be able to play anywhere at any time.
These were our featured games, but we also showed off a few older games. If you're looking for multi-player cooperation or competition, previous Adelaide Game Jams have you covered. If you're inspired to make a game, Adelaide Game Jam 2015 is coming up at the end of the month and we'd love to see you there!
GGJ 2015 Wrap-up
30 January 2015
It's been a week since Global Game Jam, and everytime we have to ask ourselves what to do now, we'll remember our great weekend! Winners for our jam site were announced on Sunday afternoon, but here they are again for your viewing pleasure:
- Patrick with "Alien Evolution", a great little game about what to do when you come to conquer a planet but here's nothing there to conquer.
- Andrada, Ben, Henry, Kathy and Phil with "Two Keys", a multiplayer game with awesome voice acting and far too many zombies for your computer to handle.
- Andrew with "UpDownLeftRight", a game about rescuing astronauts and flying into asteroids, written entirely left handed.
Thankyou to everyone who came along, it was an awesome weekend because you helped to make it that way! You can play ALL the games from our site on the Global Game Jam website, and we'll be hosting slightly-more-complete versions of most games on our website in the next couple of weeks.
Global Game Jam 2015
03 January 2015
Need another big jam fix? If you're hungry for more after Adelaide Game Jam 3, Global Game Jam 2015 is the place to be. We'll be in the same room (plus spreading to an extra room too) to host all of your smiling faces, and we'll be open the whole time (that's 3:30pm Friday the 23rd to 8pm Sunday the 25th of January). Places are limited by space, so make sure to book your tickets soon. For more details, see the jam page.
We once again have t-shirts for sale, but they are only available until Thursday the 15th of January, so get in quick if you want one: